After focusing much about dengue, we finally reach the final portion of this series. In the final part of this series, we will be providing you with solutions to overcome this dengue outbreak.
Spray, Apply, Wear (SAW)
First let us start with the official dengue preventive measure given by NEA. The SAW procedure consists of 3 simple steps which corresponds to the acronym SAW from the first letter of every step
- Spray insecticide in dark corners around the house
- Apply insect repellent regularly
- Wear long-sleeve tops and long pants
Two educational videos have also been published to guide residents on the spraying of aerosol insecticide at home and advise on what to do if one lives in a dengue cluster area or sees adult mosquitoes at home.
Below are the link to the 2 videos
- What to do if you see mosquitoes or if you’re in a dengue cluster area
- Spraying of insecticide at home
This solution is mainly to prevent the breeding of Ades mosquito which brings about the Zika and Dengue virus. As the bite of an infective Aedes mosquito spreads disease, it is crucial to prevent its breeding.
The mosquito prefers to breed in clean, stagnant water easily found in our homes. Hence you can get rid of the Aedes mosquito by frequently checking and removing stagnant water in your premises.
This are the common steps to do the MOZZIE Wipeout:
- Turn the pail – remove stagnant water from pails
- Tip the vase – remove stagnant water form flower vases
- Flip the flowerpot plate – remove stagnant water from the base of a flowerpot. This is often overlooked by people.
- Loosen the hardened soil – Soften the soil in flowerpots by shovels or gardening equipment so as to ensure the water is steeped in to the soil and prevent stagnant water on the surface.
- Clear the roof gutter and place insecticide
An insect repellent is an extremely handy tool that could be of very important use in dengue seasons. It is a must-have in times like this.
While most other repellents use smell to repel mosquitoes, natural elements outdoors such as wind dissipates smell and drastically reduces the efficacy. AtTHEO10 we have formulated a ‘wind-proof’ repellent to ensure its efficacy maintains for at least 4 hours.
Introductory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flmaxd0n10&feature=emb_logo
Featured on CNN, BBC, Straits Times and various media platforms during the ZIKA Epidemic, Theo10® REPELS is a revolutionary ‘wind-proof’ insect repellent that is extremely effective against mosquito and ants which is created using only all-natural organic ingredients for outdoor use. It coats your skin with a very fine layer of essential oils that effectively protects your skin against mosquitoes and ants for up to 4 hours.
1. Organic cold pressed Neem seed oil
2. Organic American Peppermint Essential Oil
3. Litsea Cubeba distilled essential oil
4. Purified water
5. Organic cold pressed Valencia Orange
6. Cedarwood essential oil
7. Carrotseed essential oil
- 6 Months Old and Above
- Repelling Mosquito and ants
- Up to 4 hours
- Not sticky nor oily
- Sensitive skin
Purchase at: https://theo10.com/product/theo10-repels-130ml/
Introductory Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIAj11UndQI
Recently, THEO10 has launched a service whereby we come to your doorstep to conduct a fogging service. This fogging service not only adds an invisible mosquito repellent layer onto every surfaces of the room, it also disinfects the whole area which lasts for 30 days.
It utilises the electrostatic charges technology to coat surfaces in an area which allows the area to be disinfectant and mosquito-free.
In addition, the fog is extremely safe when it comes into contact with human skin. The reason is because we do not use harsh chemicals in our mosquito repelling agent such as DEET. DEET can be a strong chemical which causes skin reactions such as skin itchiness, red patches or even rashes.
In extreme rare cases, DEET seems to have been related to the cause of seizure of children and eventually death. While there has not been direct scientific proof that DEET harms the nervous system, it can be acknowledged that long exposure of DEET on the skin would cause irritation to the skin.
Hence because our product and mosquito repellents are DEET-free, it is family-friendly especially those who have extremely sensitive skin or babies at home.
- It will leave the area a little foggy for an hour for the electrostatic attraction to take place fully.
- Leaves users with a pleasant pandan smell.
- A small amount of liquid will be enough to cover the whole room.
- QAC (Quaternary Ammonium Compounds)
- Neem oil
- Pandan extract
- Distilled water
FInd our more about the common FAQs at: https://theo10.com/nacl-usage-description/
To engage in our services visit: https://theo10.com/product-category/outdoor-care/