What causes your hands to be dry?
Having dry hands is common. Although not technically a dangerous condition, it can be a very irritating one.
In most cases, dry hands are caused by environmental conditions. Weather, for example, can cause dry hands. Frequent handwashing, exposure to chemicals, and certain medical conditions can dry out the skin on your hands, too.
How does the skin on hands differ from the rest of the body?
Hand (and foot) skin is much thicker than skin on the rest of your body. That’s why it doesn’t get irritated right away when you touch harsh chemicals (like house cleaning products), and it doesn’t chap as quickly as other areas of your skin.
However, for a prolonged period of time, the chemicals may have an effect on your hand skin such as dryness or peeling.
What ingredients should you look for in moisturisers and how often should you moisturize your hands?
It’s important to take good care of your hand skin, and that means using the right hand care products.
This is especially true in the raining seasons when your hands are the most prone to chapping.
First, use only gentle soaps to wash. And then, apply a moisturizer immediately after drying your hands as often as you possibly can. Look for moisturisers that contain glycerin and lanolin and rich hydrating oils.
Introductory Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=flo2dnotB_U&feature=emb_logo
Theo10 Moisturize, a super hydrating moisturizer formulated using a unique combination of organically certified essential oils, cold pressed oils, and naturally extracted glycerine that hyper hydrolyses the skin by reducing moisture loss while drawing and absorbing moisture from the air thereby hyper-hydrates the skin.
- Organic Cold pressed French Jojoba Oil
- Organic Cold Pressed Thai Virgin Coconut Oil
- Natural Glycerine
- Italian Chamomile Essential Oil
- Grapefruit Seed Essential Oil
- French Geranium Essential Oil
- Madagascar Lyang Lyang Essential Oil
- Valencia Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Aloe Barbensis Miller/ Aloe Vera(200x concentrate)
- Purified water
Direction of use:
Apply generously on cleansed skin. Use regularly at any time of the day.
To purchase: https://theo10.com/product/moisturize-250ml/
Do I need medical attention?
You should only consult a dermatologist when the dryness on your skin has affected your daily activities or has spread all over your body as the dryness can be a mild and temporary syndrome.
However, there may still be some underlying conditions that may not appear immediately and may require medical attention.
An underlying condition for frequent dry skin may include:
- Atopic dermatitis
- Underactive thyroid gland
Dermatitis, also known as eczema, is a condition whereby the dryness of the skin results in intense itch and red patches on the skin. Dermatitis can be treated with skin creams that relieves the itch. However, it cannot be cured.
Find out more about dermatitis and treatment here: https://theo10.com/what-are-the-causes-symptoms-and-treatment-for-eczema/
Psoriasis is the inflammation and redness on your skin which arises from dryness and frequent contact with chemicals such as detergents. They typically develop on joints, such elbows and knees and anywhere on the body.
Find out more about Psoriasis and treatment here: https://theo10.com/psoriasis-causes-symptoms-and-treatments/
Dermatologist’s 3 Hand Washing Tips to Avoid Drying-out Your Hand Skin
- Firstly, lather only the tougher dirty palm side of your hands. Unless the thinner skin on the back or your hands has also gotten dirty or has come into contact with germs, you want to avoid washing this thinner skin over and over throughout the day.
- Be sure to rinse off all hand soap really well. Hand soap that stays on your hands will pull out your skin oils and dry and irritate your skin. Pay special attention to the space between your fingers where soap residue often hides.
- Use only very mild hand cleansers for hand washing. Strong soaps like dish soap are harsh on the skin. Plus, adding oil or ‘moisturizing ingredients’ to a harsh soap doesn’t necessarily stop the soap from being harsh on your skin.
THEO10 Squeaky (body wash/hand soap)
Introductory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUX_j3pSHpo&feature=emb_logo
The latest addition to our range of family-loving products, an all-natural body shower gel that does not contain any chemicals, preservatives or those long ingredient names found on your soap labels.
This is targeted towards those who have sensitive skin and is suitable for all ages. The unique feature is that it washes away very quickly within seconds and gives you a squeaky clean without drying your skin. (While some may not be used to this sensation of a quick clean feel, rest assured that your skin would be clean thoroughly and safely with a moisturized and softer feel after drying off.)
• Suitable for dry and sensitive skin
• Suitable for all ages
• Contains no preservatives
• No animal testing
• pH level 8.9
• No artificial flavouring
• No EDTA
• No Paraben
• No Silicone
• Leaves the user with a mild orchid and white tea scent • Does not interfere with users’ perfume or cologne.
1. Orchid essential oil
2. White Tea essential oil
3. Organic Sweet Almond Oil
4. Organic Thai virgin Coconut Oil
5. Organic Extra virgin Olive Oil
6. Organic Vegetable-based glycerine
7. Distilled water
To purchase: https://theo10.com/product/theo10-squeaky-1100-ml/
Find out how does a soap-free body wash work, as well as the reason behind everyone is switching to a soap-free bodywash at: https://theo10.com/why-is-everyone-switching-to-soap-free-body-wash/